Tuesday, August 1, 2023

BIRTHDAY QIGONG: "WHEN I'M SIXTY FOUR"

What a delight practicing with friends this morning in a park. Being the day before my 64th birthday, I dedicated the practice to JING, Essence. Our genetic make-up. Jing is created at conception. We carry it through our lives. It lives in our kidneys. Jing may also be thought of as our constitution. While our Jing is fixed, it can be nurtured and supported. I'll write more about Jing in a future post.

Being my birthday I  also introduced "Brian's Favorites". Turns out, they became everybody's favorite practices. At least at this point in time. 

We practiced purging and Qi cultivation. Questions came up. Promises of videos were made. Here I present a video of Yin and Yang Channel Dredging. Then, a little Heart-Fire practice  by Mimi Kuo Deemer (which we did not do this morning, but it's a good one.) And, a video by my teacher Nick Loffree, practicing forms to calm the Qi, calm the Shen, relieve anxiety. Channel Dredging is included in his video. 

Bone Marrow Cleansing is a regular practice for me. I've included another video by Mimi Kuo Deemer. 

And then there was Separating Heaven and Earth which we respectfully renamed Introducing Heaven and Earth or Combining Heaven and Earth. I love a chalk drawing that Naseem was inspired to create, showing how the Yang Qi from Heaven and the Yin Qi from Earth spiral to form the Taiji (the Yin-Yang symbol.)




Enjoy these videos! 

Dredging the Yin and Yang Channels

Mimi Kuo Deemer: Heart-Fire Practice


Nick Loffree: Purging and Dredging


Bone Marrow Cleansing with Mimi Kuo Deemer




No comments:

Post a Comment