Monday, April 17, 2023

We Gonged Qi in a Park


Davis Lane Park, Arvada

Springtime. New beginnings. New friends. An old familiar tree that’s about to bloom. A tree that holds a special place for me and for my good friend Erik. Nice place to do some Qigong.



When I practice Qigong with a group, I like to write down the forms (the sweet moves) on a chalk board. Participants in the group may then take a photo of the board so that they can practice these forms at home using YouTube videos.


I’ve thought about making videos, but why? There are so many talented teachers out there with different things to say. Maybe different approaches to the forms.

I began our practice by introducing the Dan Tian and Wuji. Check out a previous blog post to see what on earth I’m talking about.

Next up, Silk Reeling. Or as Erik called it, taffy pulling.

We tapped some Meridians and then did 8 of the 18 forms of Shibashi, which means: ready? 18 forms.

Without further ado I’d like to introduce two of my teachers Nick Loffree and Karen Soo, leading us though Silk Reeling (“Supple Joints”) and Shibashi. 

And while we’re at it, Karen Soo also has a nice video of Patting the Meridians and Bone Marrow Cleansing.


Silk Reeling with Nick Loffree




Silk Reeling with Karen Soo (no chickens)



Patting the Meridians and Bone Marrow Cleansing with Karen Soo


ENJOY!




















No comments:

Post a Comment